Thursday, October 15, 2015

In Stock?

I was shopping in the mall last week and saw a shirt in the window that I was interested in.  I went inside to talk to the clerk and told her that I would like that particular shirt in my size.  Her reply?  We don’t have it in stock.  I checked the shirt in the window... and sure enough, it was my size!  I told her, “I’ll just take this one!”  She quickly told me that it wasn’t for sale... that the shirts in the window were for “display only”.


That got me thinking about Romans chapter 2... “And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life.”  What in my life...or your life... is “for display only”?  Are we being genuine, real, authentic... or is there something we are trying to keep a secret from those around us?  Take a few minutes today and look at your life... at your “store window.”  Is what you’re showing others really “in stock” or just “display only”  Let’s do our very best to be the people we tell others we are.