Monday, October 19, 2015

Homecoming

I read a post on Facebook from a man who’s wife had just passed away after a long battle with cancer.  Here’s what he said: “When people say she lost a battle with cancer, I disagree... My wife didn’t lose a battle with cancer, cancer lost the battle with my wife.  When the body dies, cancer can’t live anymore... but my wife had the greatest victory of all and that’s to walk with the Lord... Cancer died...my wife lived.”


The book of 1 Corinthians tells us that death has no power over those that know Jesus as Lord.   No matter what a Christian may face, battle through, or deal with... the end result will be spending eternity in Heaven with God.  I want to encourage you today... if someone you love has passed and they knew Jesus as Savior... they won.  Death was not the end for them.  They are eternally living... and will spend their forever in the arms of the One who created them and loves them deeply.  Death is painful to those that remain... but to those Christ followers headed to Heaven... it’s a victorious and healthy homecoming.