Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Peace

Are you a worrier? Do you live with fear and anxiety? These verses are for you...

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

No fear. No wringing your hands over an empty bank account. No more late night crying sessions over children that have lost their way. No more feeling the dread of upcoming evaluations… or examinations… or loss. You weren’t sent here to fear. You weren’t designed to live in denial. You weren’t meant to spend every day grasping for control of situations that you can’t possibly bend to your will.

You were meant to trust.

You don’t need more faith. You need to live out the faith that you already have. Even if all the faith you’ve got left is the size of a pebble… God can move mountains with it. Take the two verses from today’s devotional and write them down on index cards. Keep those cards with you everywhere you go… purse, wallet, dashboard, vanity, mirror, etc. And when the enemy tries to take you down by buckling your knees, stand strong in the power of these truths from our Heavenly Father.

Life’s coming at you… and because of these verses, I can assure you that you’ll be ready… not in your own strength, but through the One who walks with you in the valley of uncertainty and challenge. He’s more than enough and He’ll never let you go.