Tuesday, February 14, 2017

What You Need

I found this passage...written by someone who suffered with cancer....

“When I was diagnosed with Cancer:  

My first friend came and expressed his shock by saying, "I can’t believe that you have cancer. I always thought you were so active and healthy." He left and I felt alienated and somehow very "different."

My second friend came and brought me information about different treatments being used for cancer. She said "Whatever you do, don’t take chemotherapy. It’s a poison!"  So she left and I felt scared and confused.

My third friend came and tried to answer my "whys?" with the statement "Perhaps God is disciplining you for some sin in your life?"  He left and I felt guilty.

My fourth friend came and told me, "If your faith is just great enough God will heal you." She left and I felt my faith must be inadequate.

My fifth friend came and told me to remember that "All things work together for good." He left and I felt angry.

My sixth friend never came at all.  I felt sad and alone.

My seventh friend came and held my hand and said, "I care, I’m here, I want to help you through this."  She left and I felt loved!
-Linda Mae Richardson


God says the same thing to you.

You may not be dealing with cancer today.  But you could still be in need of care.  It might be a broken marriage, a jaded heart, or an empty bank account. 

People will mean well when they try to help.  They’ll use logic, their related past experiences, and researched information.  Some will stick around.  Some won’t.  Even your very best friend in the world can’t do what God does.  

God is different.  He looks past what you’re calling out for and gives you what you need.  He sees your scars and counts the tears that roll down your face...reminding you that He Himself was scarred and wept so that you could ultimately spend your eternity free from pain.  

God is consistent.  His feelings for you don’t change.   You can’t make Him love you more... and He isn’t going to love you less.  You are infinitely flawed and infinitely valuable to Him...and He will never quit on you.  He doesn’t promise you constant sunshine... but He does guarantee His presence in your storms. He won’t leave your bedside.  Feeling alone?  Nothing helping your situation?  Ready to give up?

Don’t you dare. 

If you are going through something today.  Simply stop. Sit somewhere and read through this verse:

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6

God is telling you something.  Do you hear it?  He is telling you... 

I care.
I’m here.
I want to help you through this.


Grab His hand and never let go.