Friday, February 3, 2017

Time for a Refill


It’s Friday... and maybe this week has made you feel tired.  Weak.  You’re limping across the finish line instead of sprinting through.  God has some words for you today...

Read each of these verses...and as you do...allow God to start refilling your battery... one verse at a time.


He gives power to the weak 
      and strength to the powerless
 Even youths will become weak and tired, 
      and young men will fall in exhaustion. 
 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength
      They will soar high on wings like eagles. 
   They will run and not grow weary. 
      They will walk and not faint.”  
Isaiah 40:29-31


“...fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”  
Isaiah 41:10 

“Seek the LORD and his strength;  seek his presence continually!” 
1 Chronicles 16:11  

“The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” 
Exodus 15:2 

“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”  
Philippians 4:13 

The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer  and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.” 
Psalm 18:32-34 

“And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.” 
1 Samuel 30:6 

But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.”
Paul in   2 Timothy 4:17 
“whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”   
1 Peter 4:11



“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”And Joshua commanded the officers of the people, “Pass through the midst of the camp and command the people, ‘Prepare your provisions, for within three days you are to pass over this Jordan to go in to take possession of the land that the LORD your God is giving you to possess.’”  
Joshua 1:9-11 


“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life;  of whom shall I be afraid?”  
Psalm 27:1


“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6


“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33


“for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
2 Timothy 1:7  



God is all the strength you need.  Take a minute and let that soak in...  You don’t have to carry the day and you can’t do it all... and you weren’t created to.  If your battery is running low... read each one of these again.  They are promises for you.