Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Upside and Cost

The other day, I read an article about the diet soft drink, “Coke Zero”... it talked about how pleasantly surprised people were to discover how close to real coke it actually tasted.  The story said that many loved that they could have the benefits and great taste of a refreshing coke without the guilt of the calories.  


I was thinking about this when I ran across this scripture from Mark 8:34 - Jesus said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me"  A challenging verse...but Jesus makes it very clear what He requires to be a disciple.   I meet many who are Christ followers... some want God’s blessings and provision but don’t want the obedience and sacrifice He requires.  They want the taste without the calories... the upside without the cost.  If we are going to walk with Him... we can’t leave our cross laying on the ground.  Let’s commit today to pick it up, and follow Him with our whole heart...  When we do... life gets so much sweeter.