Monday, November 3, 2014

Three Truths

1)  Feeling Weak?

Philippians 4:13 “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”

Everything.  All things.  Every single thing.  There is nothing coming your way today that God can't get you through.  Feeling sapped of your strength?  That's actually good... because it means that you'll need God's.  And He has plenty.


2)  Feeling Afraid?

Psalm 27:1  “The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
    so why should I tremble?”

Feeling scared today?  Why?  What is coming... you'll be ready for.  When you need God... He'll be there.  Who you're worried about... God is already working in their heart.  Don't let the stress of what might happen rob you of the victories that are already here.  Live in the moment and not the maybe.


3)  Feeling Alone?

Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

You can't outrun Him.  You can't push Him away...even though you may think you can by what you said, felt, or thought.  He is a faithful companion...a loving Father...and a trustworthy Friend.  God loves you more than you'll ever know... and it's because of that love that He promises to stand by your side forever.  You aren't alone. Ever.


When the enemy tries to make you feel weak, afraid, or alone... claim these truths from scripture.  They are yours.  Keep them close to your heart.  And when you need them, claim them.  And then tell God how much you appreciate His neverending love for you.

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers... Pastor Troy