Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Time to Change

In 2005, former Apple CEO, Steve Jobs shared this thought at Stanford University’s graduation ceremony:  "For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I knew I needed to change something."  


It’s been said that the only person who likes change is a baby with a dirty diaper.  Some avoid it because it makes them feel uncomfortable...others fear it because they get used to a routine.  Fact is, change is sometimes necessary. Feel like you aren’t using your God-given gifts?  Make a change.  Doing something good instead of something great?  Change your priorities.  Ecclesiastes 3 says that there’s a season for everything... but those seasons don’t last forever.  Find yourself doing something unfulfilling?  Feel like you’re time could be better spent for God?  Ask Him to reveal what isn’t working... and be bold enough to make the necessary changes to help you reach your destiny.